Hair transplant is a surgical procedure that involves taking of hair follicles from one part of the hair (donor site) to another part of the hair (recipient site). It has become very common these days due to lesser downtime and good and lasting results. Getting a hair transplant done from a specialist cosmetic surgeon is very important to get great and desired results. If you are looking for the best hair transplant in Ahmedabad, you are at the right place. We, at Mayfair, offer the best hair transplant treatment under the expert hands of Dr. Kedarnath Pandya.
Pre-op care before the Hair Transplant Treatment:
- You should always take your daily medicines prescribed by the doctor. If you are taking some specific medicines to thin the blood, then you need to inform so that we can take care of temporarily ceasing the medicine. You should also let us know if you are diabetic or taking insulin. Advising your current medical condition is very important.
- You should not use any hair growing treatments/serums, ointment, etc like Capyxil, Minoxidil, etc. These are to be applied only after the consultation of Dr. Kedarnath Pandya.
- You need to wear very comfortable clothes like jogging pants and a shirt with buttons. Do not wear T-shirts as it can touch potentially touch your surgical area thus leading the hair grafts to be pulled out.
- You need to bring a loose cap and a headband so that your grafts are covered properly. Do not wear knitted hats as they can potentially adhere to the grafts thus pulling them out.
- To relax during the surgery, you might be asked to apply a mild sedative.
- Remember not to take any over the counter medicines or prescribed medicines that can cause more bleeding at least 14 days before the day of surgery. These medicines include Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Clopidogrel, etc. You need to very carefully check the constituents of any medicines as they might contain aspirin. If you need some medicine to relieve the pain, you need to take the medicines prescribed by Dr. Kedarnath Pandya which shall be safe.
- For at least 7 days before the hair transplant surgery, you should avoid some vitamins like Vitamin B-complex or E as they might cause the thinning of the blood.
- You should not drink heavy amounts of alcohol for at least 7 days before the hair transplant treatment.
- Heavy exercising and sports should also be avoided at least 7 days before the surgery day.
- Laptop and Ipad are not allowed in the operation theatre. You can keep your cell phone handy to check it.
- Caffeinated drinks should be voided on the day of the hair transplant. The caffeine may disturb you during the hair transplant surgery and also our sedative might react negatively with caffeine.
- You need to eat something for breakfast on the surgery morning as prescribed by the surgeon.
- You should not trim your hair for the FUT/Strip or the FUE procedure. Haircutting shall be done by us.
- You should not smoke cigarettes for at least 1 month before surgery. You need to meet the doctor if you need assistance with smoking cessation. Smoking heavily may potentially cause a damaging effect on the growth of the hair transplant.